12.24.2010

Kevin's Corner: Top 10 of 2010 Megapost

It's Christmas time so that means it's time to wrap up an other year. 2010 had just about everything I wanted from hip hop. Underground super talent blowing up into the main stream(B.o.B), a huge surge of Eminem, Kanye album, Wale mixtape, and Wayne in prison...hahaha just kidding I'm not THAT big of a Wayne hater, No Ceilings is the shit to rock to! But anyways, I'm about to make a list of my top 10 songs from this past year in order. Download links will be provide for each. Lets get it!


10.) Jenelle Monae - Tightrope (Wondermix) [Feat. B.o.B & Lupe Fiasco]

The original to this song was good with Big Boi but when she added a duo of Atlantic artist, the song was taken to a new level. Ms. Monae had a pretty good year herself releasing her debut album The ArchAndroid (Suites II and III)

9.) Pac Div - Waves At The Prom

Pac Div's Don't Mention It mixtape is my #2 mixtape of the year, right behind Wale's More About Nothing. This track is one of the many highlights off the tape, GREAT bass song if you want to get those subs in the back of your car fired up.

8.) Wiz Kahlifia - Black & Yellow

This year has been one to remember for Mr. Kahlifia. With his mixtape Kush & Orange Juice taking over the Internet and his latest single "Black & Yellow" shooting up the radio charts; Wiz is being launched into super stardom before our very eyes. But to me, I can only describe this song in 2 numbers and 1 word...08' BITCH!

7.) Eminem - Cinderella Man

I really hate to put Eminem so far down on my list, especially with him having the amazing kind of year he is having, but Em has some tough competition. "Cinderella Man" is my personal favorite off his latest album Recovery. Recovery has not slipped off the iTunes weekly top ten selling albums since it was released back in JUNE! That alone should tell you how good it is.

6.) Wale - The War (Feat. Daniel Marriweather)

"The War" is the best song off of More About Nothing...Some people will definitely not agree but I fucking loved it. I Think I should put this higher on my list...meh maybe later.

5.) The Roots - The Fire (Remix) [Feat. B.o.B & John Legend]

T.Moody posted this song a while back and it's really grown on me. B.o.B fucking rapes the first verse and John Legend nails the chours, sit back and let The Roots handle the rest.

4.) Kid Cudi - Ashin Kusher

It was very hard to pick a favorite track off Cudi's new album because well....all the songs are really good. I do find myself not skipping past this song every time I come across it, whether it be on the CD or in my iTunes. Great song, gets me pumped every time.

3.) Kanye West - Hell of a Life

Yup, Great track off of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy...that album has many.....MANY tracks that can be on this list but "Hell of a Life" just really is the best to me off the album. More from Kanye later.

2.) Jay Electronica - Exhibit C

Disclaimer: This song came out in mid/late December of 2009...Fuck it, too good not to put on my list. Jay didn't really break out in 2010, mainstream wise, but definitely took a huge step by signing with Roc Nation. I think 2011 holds a lot of promise for Jay Electronica. Exhibit C is one of the main reasons to get hyped for this guy, instant classic in my eyes.

1.) Kanye West - Power (Remix) [Feat. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz]

Man ohhhh man...this is top track of 2010. When I heard Kanye and Jay-Z were making the remix to Power, I was like; yes I cant wait. But I definitely wasn't expecting what we finally got. Power Remix set off G.O.O.D. Friday, a series that made my late summer and Fall semester a lot better. There should be other G.O.O.D. Friday tracks on here but I didn't really want an "all kanye" list ya know.

That Concludes my list of top 10 songs of 2010. I KNOW I got some of these wrong and left a few major ones out, let me know what you think.

Just missed the list(a.k.a Honorable Mentions)[In not particular order]:

Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beamin
M.I.A. - Space
Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life (Feat. Drake)
The Roots - The Day (Feat. Blu, Phonte, & Petty Cash)
Lupe Fiasco - Never Forget You (Feat. John Legend)
Drake - Show Me a Good Time

No comments:

Post a Comment