6.01.2011

Shaq Retires



I don't get to talk about sports as often as I would like to on here, but I had to speak on Shaq's retirement.

Growing up when I did, kids wanted to be like Mike, Kobe, Vince Carter, Iverson and even Lebron. But I always said Shaq. He was my favorite player as a kid. One of my AOL screennames was shaqjr [lmao]. I mimicked all the post moves and with a 6 ft rim I could pull off a couple dunks. He was dominant at what he did and nobody could fuck with him for YEARS. As of late, age got to the big guy and he's now callin' it quits. The video above is a really good highlight reel of much of his career. Sad to see him go, but in my mind he's one of the best centers of all time.

I feel compelled to go out and miss some freethrows in his honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment